Tuesday, November 2, 2010

No Shoe Fits Me Like You

I saw a pair of shoes and thought of you.
They were flashy, sharp tongued, and blue.
A worn sole hiding in the back,
The littlest box in a big bargain rack.

If I were to buy them and take them home,
Would they let me control them or try to roam?
Like I tried with you in the past.
Like us, would the shoes not last?

Shopping for shoes is tough
Even if I selected a few,
They might be the right price and width,
But no shoe fits me like you.

Don't need expensive ones, just comfort,
Feel like I can be me and babble in leather.
Making our love bonded together with laces,
Around the track of life in daily races.

Chorus

If I had those shoes,
I'd make them come unglued.
I'd never wear them or share,
Keeping their souls bare.

I'd keep them in a box,
With the lid and bottom as locks.
Maybe then the shoes would stay,
Out of regret to be repaid.

Chorus

***Synopsis: A girl compares her past relationship to a pair of shoes.

No comments: