Thursday, November 18, 2010

A Curse Without A Cure

My eyes are frozen open,
Shadows dance around my bed,
I suffer hallucinations,
Anxiety popping into my head.

My legs are restless pests,
Wanting to kick the covers.
I share words with the darkness,
About friends, enemies, and lovers.

I must be an insomniac,
For I can never fall asleep,
Between ten and two,
Before the dawn is back.
I, like the shadows, creep,
Not having any dreaming to do.

Perhaps it is my destiny,
Becoming a creature running,
Up and down the stairs,
Trying to exist without care.
Reckless in the middle,
Not holding on to the handle.
There's nothing to dream about,
between eleven and light.
Six knocking on my door,
A curse without a cure.

When I'm able to dream,
It's usually a nightmare.
Flashbacks of horror movies,
I shouldn't have watched, but I dared.

Feeling what the world is like,
When everyone else is asleep,
Is incredible divine,
But I'd rather not make a peep.

Bridge

Chorus

*** Synopsis: Song about not being able to sleep at night.

No comments: