Friday, November 12, 2010

Open Mic

On Friday, I went to the open mic night at Grounds for Coffee in Clearfield for my songs lyrics class. There was about thirty people in the building and sitting outside on the patio. I'd never been to an open mic night before, so I didn't really know what to expect. We saw about four musical acts in the hour we were there. There was a rock band playing with five people, performing "Aqualung" by Jethro Tull with lots of musical interludes. The next performer was a guy named Darren, who was probably my favorite performer of the night, performing two original songs and then "It's Probably Me" by Sting. Then came the country western band of three men who performed renditions of "I'm No Stranger to the Rain" by Keith Whitley, "You Are My Sunshine, " and "Just a Closer Walk with Thee." The last group I saw was a family of three: a dad playing guitar, a son playing, and a daughter singing "House of the Rising Sun."


No comments: