Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Stealing Headlines

Ours was the only showmance,
Where you spent money to make.
In this city of collagen and silicone,
You were the only thing truly fake.

You were in a race for stardom.
With me as your true leading lady,
Your thirst for fame licked you,
And poisoned me.

You wanted to publically fight,
About everyone and everything.
Why can't we have a quiet life,
Without wasting ink in a magazine?

Why do we have to talk in spotlights,
Using tabloid as messengers?
Can't we just move on,
Without stealing headlines?

You couldn't deal with reality,
Dumping me on page twenty three.
You stomped my name in dirt,
With the camera eye hovering.

Chorus

Grimacing every time your face is plastered,
On the bus or taxi that comes my way.
The only time I hear from you is on TV,
When you're releasing my tapes and letters.

Just stand there with your frozen smile,
Inn red carpet photographs,
Canoodling you new arm candy,
You pretend not to miss me,
But you know they're thinking of me.

Chorus

*** Synopsis: A song about a celebrity couple breakup, dragged out in the press.

No comments: