Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I Have No Voice in My Throat

My lips never sink ships.
My mouth is always shut.
Over my words, my tongue trips,
I have no confidence in my gut.

Maybe it's an anxiety crisis,
Causing my vocal chords to quiver.
My opinion is in pieces,
And I'm afraid I'll stutter.

If I spoke, would anyone listen?
If I spoke, would you even understand?
If I wrote my thoughts on paper,
Would anyone even read them?
Being a human in critical demand,
I have no voice in my throat.

Don't call on me in class,
If I don't raise my hand.
When I have something of value,
I'll speak, but only with a pen.

If I build up enough thoughts,
And I'm finally able to speak,
People start talking over me,
I wonder if I was too quiet.

Chorus


*** Synopsis: A song about a pet peeve for not being able to express my thoughts in my classes as well I'm able to write them down.

No comments: