Tuesday, October 19, 2010

At Layton Park

Layton Park
Watching my brother play baseball.
Swinging on the playground,
Every spin and every fall.

Walking down the trails
To feed the ducks.
Sitting on the waterfall benches,
Skimming the rocks.

For the fifteen years, I lived in town.
From recreation to education,
To every laughter and every fight,
I spent almost everyday at Layton Park

Driving around with my family,
At night in the snowstorms.
Dinosaur, bear, and fish forms,
An array of bright Christmas lights.

Right next to my school, Layton High.
Crossing the street,
Walking over to the library,
On my lunch break.

Chorus

I had class and field trips.
Collecting leaves for science.
Making art projects,
From the roses and sticks.

Lots of picture taking.
Family reunions and graduation.
The last time I visited you,
Was before I moved.

Chorus

*** Synopsis: A song about my hometown park in Layton, Utah.

No comments: