Tuesday, January 10, 2012

St. Thomas


Today, we arrived in St. Thomas. The last two times we were here, we went to Coral World and we took a ferry over to St. John so Dad could go snorkeling. This time we took a taxi to Charlotte Amalia, which is considered their downtown. We went to a flea market, where I saw two women fighting over which one had the wooden birds in their hand first. Then we walked around the ship approved shops. We took a taxi back to port, after the driver took some people to K-Mart. Dad went on a snorkeling excursion to Buck Island, while Mom and I walked around the Havensight shops until it started raining.


We got back on board and went up to the lido deck for lunch. They were serving French food, so I grabbed a plain jane burger from Guy Fieri's Burger Joint. I took the top off my bun to put bacon and mayo on it at the topping bar and dropped the top on the floor, so I went back to my table and ate the burger with a fork. After our nap, we watched Rise of the Planet of the Apes on tv. Dad went shopping in Havensight after his tour. I went and took photos on deck 10 before we sailed away.

For dinner, I had a chicken quesadilla, fresh fruit, Meatloaf with cheesy potatoes, and warm chocolate melting cake. After dinner, we went to the shops and Mom bought a watch for 10 bucks. We went to the lounge to watch Bingo and Mom opened the bag her watch was in and it was sticky, so Dad went back to the shop to return it. When he came back with a new watch, the second hand was broken, so he had to go back to the shop and get another one. The show was "Just Rock" with the carnival singers and dancers. They were showing Soul Surfer on the seaside theatre as we walked by and we grabbed some popcorn.



No comments: