Sunday, December 1, 2013

Pine Cones


Mom had me collect a bunch of pine cones while we were in Lake Tahoe.  She had Dad and I make a wreath out of them.  I looked up a bunch on Pinterest to see how they were made. For the Wreath, we bought a metal base.  Dad cut floral wire and wrapped them around the cones, attaching them to the base, two strips for each pine cone.

I hot glued ribbon around the back of the metal base, so the wreath wouldn't scratch the door.  Dad tied a thick thread to hang the wreath on the door hanger.  


I sprayed the cones with red glitter spray.



Mom made a red ribbon bow for it and we hung it on the door.



For the Ornaments. I hot glued ribbon to the top of the pine cone to create a loop so we can hang them on the tree.  Then I sprayed the cones with red glitter spray.




 I then mod podge different colors of glitter on them.



Then I put them on the tree.









No comments: