Thursday, August 8, 2013

Bear Lake

On Monday August 5th, we drove up through Logan Canyon and went camping at Birch campground at Bear Lake State Park Rendezvous Beach.  We were in spot 6.  We ate dinner and got a raspberry shake at Bear Lake Pizza Company.  We walked through the Chocolate Bear shop attached to the restaurant.  We drove around the cabins in Bear Lake West.  I read the book, Weird Sisters.






On Tuesday, We drove up to Paris, Idaho.  We went through Paris Tabernacle.  I had previously gone there with my Young Women's group in 1994.  We walked through the shops at Garden City and got a raspberry shake at La Beau's.  After dinner, I walked on the Rendezvous Beach and collected some white seashells.  I read the books, Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan and Wedding Letters by Jason F. Wright.









Mom had a birthday on Wednesday the 7th.  She turned 57.  I made her a card and got her a gift card to Old Navy.  We drove through Laketown and saw the cemetery, where the pioneers are buried.  We ate dinner at the Bear Trapper.  I had a roll with butter and raspberry jam, raspberry sorbet, chicken fingers, and fries.  After dinner, we walked on the boardwalk to the beach in Garden City Park.  The boardwalk is surrounded by willows and has plaques about the bear lake monster and bugs.  I read the book, Is Everybody Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling.






We came home on Thursday.  When we drove through Logan Canyon, we kept having to stop for cows in the road.  I have never seen so many cows all together in my entire life.  I read the book, A Stolen Life by Jaycie Dugard.







No comments: