Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Art Class

Saw an Installations exhibit in Park City
Snapshots covered the basement walls
The girl spelling 'I’m Not Crazy,'
In magnetic poetry on her face.
And the bloody hands displaying
'You are the victims of the rules you live by.'

Saw a German film in Ogden
called 'Lulu and Jimi'
It was cheesy, weird, funny, and disturbing.
Full of teenage love
With subplots of mind control
And electric shock therapy.

I made a glass mosaic
Squares of a lavender elephant,
An Indigo butterfly,
And a sea green shovel
Surrounded by orange triangles
Remnants of my childhood

Twenty hours of my adulthood
Hacking the glass and my fingers
With adhesive stained gloves
Pouring the grout,
Polishing the grout off the glass,
And painting the rims dark.

My professor wore scarlet dresses
Lime stockings with ruby slippers
As she took us on a art tour of Salt Lake
Through churches, galleries, and libraries
I took pictures of daffodils on the roof

I made a magazine patchwork on poster board
Creek Street in Ketchikan, Alaska
Peaceful buildings on the waterfront
Too bad my professor took my collage
And never returned it
It's probably in a landfill somewhere

No comments: