Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Patches



This afternoon, we had to put Patches to sleep because she was getting worse and weaker. She was falling when she walked, whimpering,and still wasn't eating on her own. When I got home from school, I sat with her on the front porch and held her for a while. It was pretty sad holding her, kissing her on the head, and putting her in her carrier for the last time. Dad took her to the vet and then buried her in the backyard garden. We buried Patches in a cardboard box with her head on her little heart pillow she slept on. I am going to miss her so much. She slept on my bed with me every night and was my little shadow. I take comfort in knowing she is no longer suffering and is with her original owner, my Grandma Wayment, who will take good care of her in heaven.

No comments: