Saturday, August 29, 2009

1 Week Down, 14 to Go

I started school on Monday. I usually get up at 5 am, because the bus comes at 6:04 am, and then have free time till my class starts at 7:30 am. My classes usually get out at 10:20 or 11:15 am, so I'm usually home by noon.

I have an Espanol 1010 class Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. So far we have learned the alphabet, how to write the date (Hoy es el 29 de agosto de 2009) how to say our name (Me llamo Stephanie), how to ask someone their name (Como te llamas?), basic greetings and responses (Como estas?, Que hay de nuevo?, Buenos dias, Buena noches, Buenas tardes, Que tal?, Muy Buen, Nos Vernos, Y tu? and Hasta Manana, Mucho gusto, igualmente, De Donde eres?, De Nada) and some phrases (A mi me mima mi mama).

I have an American Lit: Modern class Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. We're reading The Heart is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers for the next 3 weeks. It's pretty good so far. My professor also assigned us to read The Egg by Sherwood Anderson and some Robert Frost poems.

I have a British Lit: Renaissance class Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. We read The Courtier by Castiglione and some history of the Tudors and Stuarts. In class, we have had small group discussions about the pages we have read.

I having a Drawing class Tuesday and Thursday for 3 hours. So far, my professor has sent us to the library and made us find pictures on the internet and draw them to the best of our ability.

No comments: