Monday, August 4, 2008

Beyond the Sea


I watched Beyond the Sea last night for the second time. I love biopics and this one tells the story of Bobby Darin. It stars Kevin Spacey as Bobby Darin and Kate Bosworth as Sandra Dee. Before I saw this movie, I wasn't familar with Bobby's story, just his songs like "Mack the Knife," "Splish Splash," "Beyond the Sea," and "Dream Lover." I was familiar with Sandra Dee from watching one of my favorite movies, Gidget. I even did a research paper and presentation on it for my Critical Approaches class this semester, comparing Dee's version to the book written by Frederick Kohner. After I saw this movie, I saw "That Funny Feeling" which Bobby and Sandra starred in together and the remake of "State Fair" that Bobby was in. Kate looks so much like Sandra, it's uncanny.

No comments: